Jimmy Taylor's Glass Negatives (File 5)
File 1    File 2    File 3    File 4    File 5    File 6    File 7   
Different scenes of Tibbie's Brig on the banks of the Garpel Water.

TIBBIE'S BRIG in need of repair.

The Falls at Ashieburn, another favourite picnic spot.

A favourite venue for walkers from Muirkirk. Situated on the Glenmuir Water above Glenmuirshaw.

Left: GREENOCK WATER BRIDGE spanning the water on the Strathaven Road.
Right: THE RIVER AYR near the Royal George Farm.

Left: Road improvements on the Cumnock Road near Midwellwood Farm, West of Muirkirk.
Right: THE ROYAL GEORGE: The bridge in the foreground has now been replaced by a footbridge. The gate on the left was the entrance to the Refuse Coup (which was opened in 1924). Royal George Farm (last tenant was William Ramage) is in the centre of the picture. The bridge on the right crossed the River Ayr to allow slag to be transported from the Ironworks and dumped on what was known locally as "The Company's Knowe." Part of this was later removed to make way for the playground at Muirkirk Furnace Road School.

File 1    File 2    File 3    File 4    File 5    File 6    File 7   
Back to Muirkirk Home Page 

Back to Jimmy Taylor's Collection